I Want to De-activate a Person that Is Already Resourced for My Project. How Do I Proceed?
In this example a person called Test Person no longer works for us. We had already allocated this person to the project called Bridges & Dams. The resourced workload will be needed in the future, so it would be clever to move the plan over to an unassigned role.
1) Start by navigating over to the Person's Dashboard who is no longer in your company. Click Edit person located top-right of the Dashboard.
2a) In the opening view we have information about the person. In the right column we have a slider Active which can be switched off. This deactivates the person (=makes the person passive).
2b) De-activating this slider reveals another slider called Transfer future allocations for roles which allows us to transfer allocations for an unassigned role.
As the Active'slider is set off, a warning text will appear in the left side of the window which indicates the future allocations should be taken into account.
3) Before proceeding, make sure:
- the Active slider is OFF
- the Transfer future allocations for roles slider is ON
Click Save and Silverbucket moves the created resourcing plan to an unassigned default role for the project.
4) Simultaneously the person is set as passive, which is indicated in the Person's Dashboard
5) In the project's dashboard we can see the allocations have been moved over to an unassigned role called Project Member which is usually the default role in environments.
If you wish to move these allocations to another person straight away, use the Membership Actions.
How did we do with this article?